The aim of the training is to increase the knowledge and confidence of staff and families who support people with dysphagia.
This training is a 3hr session accessed via Microsoft Teams.
The training will cover:
• The normal swallow, what can go wrong and why
• What can cause a problem and signs to look out for
• The role of Speech and Language Therapy in supporting eating and drinking
• Reports, guidelines and support tools (placemats)
• Food and drink modification (IDDSI)
• Support strategies
Post course feedback will available via MS Forms on the day.
Next available dates:
• Thursday 19th May 2022 13.30-16.30
• Tuesday 19th July 2022 09.30-12.30
• Thursday 22nd September 2022 13.30-16.30
• Tuesday 15th November 2022 09.30-12.30