The Green Light Toolkit is from the National Development Team for Inclusion.
It is an audit (a way of checking) how well Mental Health services meet the needs of people with Learning Disability and/or Autism. It then informs the development of plans to improve Mental Health services for people with Learning Disability and/or autism.
The toolkit has 27 standards to make sure that reasonable adjustments are in place, to provide fair and equitable services that meet peoples’ needs. These include assessments, accessible information, personal care, physical health and equalities.
The Greenlight standards form the basis of the NSFT learning disability and/or Autism strategy which is called: Green light for Mental Health, which was launch on 3 October 2017. You can read the full booklet here: NSFT Green Light for Mental Health Services Strategy 2017 – 2021
It sets out NSFT intend to improve access and equality for people with learning disability and/or autism for the next five years.
This plan was written in partnership with Green Light champions, service users and partner organisations.
Making it Happen Strategy Oversight Group
Members of the Learning Disability Partnership attend the Making it Happen Strategy Oversight Group. This is a multi-agency group who act to implement the Green Light for Mental Health strategy.
The group will:
- Monitor the Making it Happen plan and check it is making a difference
- Promote joint working with partner agencies, people with learning disabilities and/or Autism and their families
- Look at the things that are needed to deliver the Green Light Strategy
- Promote learning disability and/or Autism related education opportunities for staff working at NSFT
- Promote a positive and inclusive culture on all issues relating to people with additional needs who access NSFT services
- NSFT staff
- Suffolk Family Carers
- Suffolk Parent Carer Network
- Suffolk Learning Disability Partnership Board
- Norfolk Learning Disability Partnership Board
- National Autistic Society
- Carers Matter Norfolk
- Learning Disability Liaison Nurses