Learn what personalised care is and how the whole population can benefit
As the NHS moves towards a more personalised health and care system, it’s important for people to have a clear idea of what this new, more targeted approach to health and care means for them.
On this course you’ll learn what personalised care is, and how it can benefit the whole population in England. You’ll also hear how it works in practice.
What topics will the course cover?
- Changing demands on the NHS
- People’s stories of personalised care
- Shared decision making and how it works in practice
- Social prescribing and community based support
- Patient choice and your ‘legal right to choose’
- Supported self management
- Personalised care and support planning
- Personal health budgets and the difference they can make
Who is the course for?
This course is open to everyone but is mainly aimed at people with long-term conditions and disabilities and their carers who want to improve their situation by gaining knowledge of personalised care.
Who developed the course?
Personalised Care Group at NHS England and NHS Improvement. As part of NHS England and NHS Improvement, the Personalised Care Group is responsible for ensuring that personalised care becomes ‘business as usual’ across the health and care system.
When does the course start?
The course is available from the 26th October. You can start any time from that date.
Where can I find out more?
You can find out more about the course, and book you place by clicking the following link: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/peer-leadership-foundation-step-1