Talk Tech 3 Online is here! Can using technology to include and involve people lead to better outcomes for everyone?
About this event
The theme of the day is: Can using technology to include and involve people lead to better outcomes for everyone?
Who is the target audience?
- People with Learning Disabilities
- Family Carers
- Professional and Practitioners
Over the course of the last year we have all learnt how advances in technology have enabled us all to connect with each other in a more human way than it has in the past
At this conference we want to highlight the good things that have come out , but also look at how we can get a balance of old and new as we move forward into a more settled way of life.
- Films about Tech – How using tech can support people to be included and involved films
- Tips to support people when using online platforms toolkit (This is a piece of work that was commissioned by Skills For Care and co-produced by ACE Anglia Leading Lives and Dimensions
- Professor Jane Seale: supporting people to use technology: an introduction to a new toolkit (Jane’s teaching and research interests lie at the intersections between disability, technology and inclusion. Her work focuses in particular on the role that technologies play in the lives of people with learning disabilities )
- Chris Hind – Recite Me (Champion of online accessibility with boundless enthusiasm for making the online world a place that is inclusive for all, Recite Me specialise in disability inclusion and accessibility for websites.)
- Interactive Flinga sessions – Is tech important to you or people you support ?
- Digital Champions (Digital health champions are part of digital unite they can help you get online if you need support. The champions hold open days where you can attend if you want help with setting up an email, using zoom, downloading the NHS App