We’re back with another instalment of ‘The Other One Show’ – a chat show hosted by people with learning disabilities.
About this event
The Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities and London South Bank University (LSBU) are pleased to present ‘The Other One Show’ – interactive afternoon chat show hosted by people with learning disabilities.
Date and time
Mon, 9 May 2022, 3:30 – 4:45 PM
This time round, we are focusing on ‘Better Commissioning for Better Lives’.
- Ever wondered why people with learning disabilities face so many inequalities?
- Remember all those great policies and intentions to improve things?
- Ever wondered why they haven’t made as much of a difference as we all hoped?
- Ever wondered who makes the big decisions that affect our lives?
Commissioners, have you thought about what we can all do differently to make things better and more equal for people with learning disabilities?
Our show host Sonia Reed will be interviewing people who have been tackling these very questions.
Our guests include people with learning disabilities talking about what people want.
We also have guests who are looking at how Commissioners (people from NHS and Councils who are involved in planning services) can work better for better lives. Sonia brings them all together in this great interactive show.
So who is on the show? Our guests include:
- Tom Cahill, National Director for People with a Learning Disability and Autistic People
- Ismail Kaji, Parliamentary Support Officer & Co Clerk APPG on Learning disabilities
- Peter Allum, chair of FPLD’s Co-production Advisory Group
- Ann Lloyd sharing ideas for action from a Better Commissioning Better Lives co-production event that was co-chaired by Mark Harper, MP and two of our guests!
- Steve Hardy, Practice Development Nurse, Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust and Independent Consultant Nurse
The event is open to all so we hope you’ll grab a tea/ coffee & a biscuit, get comfy and join us for a lively & interesting discussion.
The event will be delivered virtually via Zoom and you will receive the joining instructions 2 days before the event takes place.