The Learning Disability Partnership is committed to working in co-production.
Suffolk’s definition of co-production:
“Co-production is people, carers and professionals working together as equal partners to: design, develop, commission, deliver and review services, information and advice.”
The Partnership connects with Support Providers through the Provider Network. These are meetings that take place a few times a year, and a chance for Suffolk County Council to share the latest work of the Strategy, to share best practice, and to work together to implement positive change for people we support.
The Partnership connects with people through Suffolk People First events. These are meetings held 4 times a year and are a place where people can:
- Speak up about any aspect of life
- Hear about the latest work of the Partnership & the Learning Disability Strategy
- Work in co-production to implement the Learning Disability Strategy
- Share their views and/or questions and to the Partnership Board
- Hear presentations from peers, providers, and community groups
The Partnership connects with Support Workers & Personal Assistants through the Support Worker & PA Network. This is in its early stages of development, you can read the co-produced proposals here.