An online workshop from Divergent Thinking. This animation workshop will teach you how to create a fun short stop-motion animation on your mobile phone.
About this event
All workshops will take place on Zoom. The details to access our online sessions will be released to participants via email one week before the event.
This workshop is for young people ages 14- 25 years old.
Our Mobile Phone Animation workshop powered by the Act for Change Fund will teach you how to create a fun short stop-motion animation on your mobile phone devices. This is a great opportunity to tell your story, and share something that you are passionate about in a creative way!
Our Workshop Facilitator
Nat Hawley: Nat is a neurodiversity champion and advocate for people with learning differences such as dyslexia. Pride of Britain award nominee and recognized by HRH, The Prince of Wales for heroism, international fundraising and public speaking for the rights of people with disabilities. Social entrepreneur, workforce development trainer, neurodiversity media expert and freelance filmmaker working with media outlets, including the London Olympics and the BBC.
What we will cover
1. Learn how to develop a narrative that will engage your viewers and explore your imagination.
2. Create figures and backgrounds from everyday objects, drawings and modelling clay and bring them to life through animation.
3. Discover how to make your designs walk, talk and much more through your animated video.
4. Learn technical skills and tools of making animated videos.
5. Learn how to make a YouTube channel, how to promote your animations and make your video content go viral!
6. Learn the fundamentals of storytelling and how to resonate with your audience.